banner

 

 

Driving to St. Mark's

 

Map to St. Mark's

 

From Moscow:

From the center of Moscow
(Intersection of PA 690 and PA 435),
Take PA 690 (Church Street) West for 1.4 miles
St. Mark's is on the left

From the North:

Take Interstate 380 east to exit 22, "Moscow"
At the stop sign, turn left onto PA 690
Follow PA 690 for 0.7 miles
St. Mark's is on the right

From the South or Central Scranton:

Take PA 307 South to the blinker light at PA 690
Turn left onto PA 690
Follow 690 for 1.3 miles
St. Mark's is on the right

From the East via Interstate 84:

Take Interstate 84 East to Interstate 380 East
Take Interstate 380 east to exit 22, "Moscow"
At the stop sign, turn left onto PA 690
Follow 690 for 0.7 miles
St. Mark's is on the right

From the East via Interstate 380:

Take Interstate 380 West to exit 20, "Daleville"
At the stop sign, turn left onto PA 307
Take 307 North to the traffic light at PA 690
Turn right onto 690
Follow 690 for 1.3 miles
St. Mark's is on the right

If all else fails, call us at (570) 842-7231

St. Mark's Newsletter

Need a copy of the church's newsletter? Well you came to the right spot. However, please know that you need to have Adobe's Acrobat Reader installed to be able to view it. Please choose the appropriate selection below. Thanks!

The History of St. Mark's in Moscow

In the late 19th century, St. Luke's Episcopal Church of Scranton, PA established an Episcopal mission in the nearby borough of Dunmore. Services were held in Tripp Avenue Christian Church until the church building on Potter Avenue in Dunmore was erected in 1895.

The church remained a mission for 28 years, having been officially organized as such on February 27, 1904. It was incorporated as an independent parish on July 17, 1932.

In 1966, St. Mark's again became an aided parish and under the direction of Rev. Jack Cronberger the parish purchased land and moved to a dwelling on Main Street in Moscow. The dwelling served as church and rectory. In 1972, under Rev. Cronberger's term, the present church and a rectory were built in the North Pocono area (1972). At the end of Rev. Fotch's term, the rectory was sold.

Past & Present Clergy of St. Mark's

Since moving to Moscow, St. Marks has had the following rectors/priests-in-charge...

Rev. Jack Cronberger

(1966 - 1974)

J. Cronberger

Charlton H. Fotch, Jr.

(1974 - 1978)

C. Folch

Rev. Edwin Tomlinson

(1980 - 1985)

E. Tomlinson

Rev. Charlene Miller

(1985 - 1988)

C. Miller

Rev. Robert Orr

(1988 - 1990)

R. Orr

Rev. Douglas Wolfe

(1990 - 1992)

D. Wolfe

Rev. Joachim Bakey

(1992 - 1997)

J. Bakey

Rev. K. Frederick Mauger

(1997 - 1999)

F. Mauger

Rev. Elizabeth Moutlon

(1999)

E. Moulton

Rev. Mary Teresa Matthews

(1999 - 2002)

T. Matthews

Rev. John Wagner

(2002 - 2003)

J. Wagner

Rev. Earl Trygar

(2003 - present)

E. Trygar

(If anyone has photos of past clergy, please get them to the webmaster)

The Legacy Endowment Fund of St. Mark's

In December of 2008, acknowledging that Christian stewardship involves the faithful management of all the gifts God has given to humankind and in order to strengthen the future ministry of the parish, the vestry of St. Marks established the "Legacy Endowment Fund of St. Mark's, Moscow" and the 5-member "Endowment Board."

Current members of the Endowment Board are Tom Hauber, President; Bob Jones, Secretary; Hank Beilman, Rob Lougee and Jack Welsch.

The Vestry and Endowment Board encourage all people to consider preparing a will to manage the disposal of their assets regardless of their intentions towards the endowment fund. A brochure on preparation of wills, prepared by the Episcopal Church Foundation, is available from the link below.

Also available below are our Fund's "Enabling Resolution" and other pertinent documents approved at the December meeting.

To view the documents must have Adobe's Acrobat Reader installed.